Monday, October 05, 2015

Challenge #31--RESILIENCY: October 5th to November 1st, 2015

It is the first Monday in October and that means it is time for the next challenge to start.  This time around, for Challenge #31 the theme is "RESILIENCY".  Show us your interpretation of what resiliency means to you.  You can make any sort of project and/or post as long as it is positive in nature and relates to the theme.

Ahhhh...to be resilient!!!  Having the ability to bounce back, or be flexible in the face of adversity is a rather nice trait to possess!  Is there someone you know that needs a little encouragement to embrace the concept of resiliency in their own life?  Well, the concept of resiliency provides you with the chance to explore a number of different avenues.  We look forward to seeing your interpretation on this month's theme. 

Don't forget when you link up your project and/or post, to please leave a comment letting us know how your creation relates to the concept of resiliency if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or clearly written somewhere else in your post.  Remember, the creation must be positive/inspirational/motivational AND adhere to the theme of resiliency in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes.  While you may easily see how resiliency relates to your creation, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members.  That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here or in your blogpost.  You can simply write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, if it would be easier.  We just need to know how your project ties into the theme.  Letting us know, clears up any ambiguity that may exist.

This month's guest sponsors...

This month we have are pleased to have two returning sponsors!

First up is The Stamping Boutique.  Here is a refresher of what Tracey's company is all about...

http://thestampingboutique.com/
Thank you so much for having us as your sponsor. We at TSB are very proud to offer original digital images and artwork to you. Thank you for giving us a few minutes of your valuable time to look over the store at http://thestampingboutique.com. Good luck in the challenge and we hope to see you over at our TSB Community network: http://thestampingboutique.ning.com.

Thanks so much!
Tracey Malnofski
Check out the great images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on the watermarks below will take you to their location in the store.



Autumn Fashion Boots Digital Stamp


Next, that brings us to Ike's Art.  Here is a refresher of what Ike's company is all about...
Hi there – I am Ike……a nickname that I got hooked with many years ago due to my surname, and in my profession at that time, …… they just loved to give nicknames ☺.

I live in Greece and have a passion for kitties ☺

I am a complete nutter or should I say I’m ‘zany’ hahaha. I have a very strange/sick sense of humour and I must admit I spend a lot of time talking to myself. !! Well, I get more sense out of me.! I reckon in a few years I shall be known as the “crazy cat lady” ☺

I am an artist and have a strange mind when it comes to creating my art. I either go completely true to life… right down to the last hair… or I go totally surreal. I have a passion for all things horror/Gothic etc. I’ve always loved horror films and books and I guess that’s why it creeps into my stuff ! Had I been a bit younger I swear I would have been a Goth……luuuuuv it.  Next time around I am gonna be a witch or a cat ☺

I started my Blog a couple of years ago and although I love crafting, my real passion is drawing, and now I just love making digital images.

My SHOP is IkesArt found at www.ikesart.com
My Challenge Blog:  http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
My Blog is Ikes World and is at http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com
Exclusive designer for Smeared Ink www.smearedink.com
Below you will see the awesome images that team members used for their projects for the beginning of this challenge.  Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to their section within the Ike's Art store...
 
Muse 7 (available in the 'people' section)

Vaguely Goth (available in the 'people' section)

Do Your Thing   (available in the 'my latest designs' section)

Ice Skater  (available in the 'my latest designs' section)
Once again, we are fortunate and blessed to have the chance to work with all these amazing images this month.  Thanks so much to our fabulous sponsors.  Be sure to come back at the midway when you'll get to see more beautiful projects created with images from these wonderful companies.
Now check out what my amazing design team came up with to inspire you.  Clicking on the team members' name will take you to their blog where you can check out the details for their inspirational creations...



patacakespages.blogspot.com/





http://muddypawsandinkyfingers.blogspot.ca/


http://taylormadecards4u.blogspot.ca/


http://scrappyhorses.blogspot.ca




We are very pleased to have Hanne, from Handmade by Hanne, as our guest designer for this challenge...
I'm Hanne M. and I live in Finland in Northern Europe. I found paper crafting first time more than 10 years ago when making various things for my wedding, but then several years passed before I started to craft regularly. Now I'm completely nuts about paper crafting and I am widening my skills also with other handicrafts. Crafting is my way to relax and express myself - and I love to create something beautiful in rather short time. I make mainly cards, but I started studying handicrafts as a hobby in autumn 2013 and I'm gathering my portfolio in my blog 'Handmade by Hanne'. So occassionally you may find also other types of crafts in my blog.

I was really excited when Lisa asked me to be GDT on Path of Positivity as I think that this challenge blog is truly unique. There can never be too much positivity in life so I think the idea behind the blog is really refreshing. Although I don't have time to participate every challenge, I do visit the challenge blog regularly and I'm really honoured to be GDT for this challenge.
Check out the stunning card she created.... 


My fabulous guests and amazing design team never disappoint!  They each have their own unique styles and ideas.  As always I am blown away by the quality of their projects!  Each of these projects has showcased resiliency in various forms and manners and I hope we have inspired you.  Be sure to go and visit each of them so you can see how their projects connect to the theme.

So what are you waiting for?  Create a project and/or post that is positive AND relates to resiliency, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation.  Easy, peasy!

If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month.  I've included the summary of the challenge details below.  If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).

I hope to see you back next Monday when voting will start on the Top Picks for Challenge #30. 


MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON RESILIENCY
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below. 



Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.

Credit Notes For This Creation:
© 2015, Lisa L. Décosse. PUO. However, you are allowed to use the sentiment on handmade projects that you intend to sell on a small scale basis provided credit is given. You also need to include a credit note and a link to this blog or my personal blog, Decosse's Dynamite Doodles, should you use any of my images in your creations and post them on your blog. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with my full terms of use found in the 'Download Instructions & T.O.U.' tab at the top of this page. Of important note:  Please do not share my images with family, friends, etc. Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Box®, 4-Shared®, etc. Instead, please direct people to my blog(s) so they can grab the image for themselves. If you would like to post a watermarked version of the image, please contact me to obtain one.

Font Information:
    Click on the font name to take you to a download location.  These fonts were listed for commercial use at the time of this creation.   It is my understanding, that I am within my rights to use these fonts in my creations and offer them to others for free.  Always check to make sure the terms haven't changed before using the font on something you sell.

    You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into.  You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.


    CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
    Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details,  or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below.  Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
    • Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month.  Entries for this challenge will be accepted from October 5th to November 1st, 2015.
    • Link up your inspirational post below using Inlinkz. You will be able to submit your link up to 11:55 p.m. on November 1st.
    • When you link up, leave a comment summarizing what it is about your post that you feel is inspirational  / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme if you have not included this information somewhere within your post.  You can simply add a sentence or two right next to the link for this challenge if you want.
    • Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated. 
    • You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
    • Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined.  There will be a separate post detailing those picks.  You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks.  Be sure to leave a comment telling us what it was that inspired you or something in general if you uncomfortable disclosing any details of your vote. 
    • For Challenge #30, prizes will be the following:
      • A $10 gift certificate from Ike's Art, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
      • 2 images from The Stamping Boutique (3 if you use a TSB image), one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
      • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
    There will also be:
    • One digital designer paper made to order in a couple different ways or three existing papers from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment on on posts published during the challenge timeframe.
    • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.

    If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.

    We look forward to seeing you participate!

    Link up below:

    6 comments:

    Brenda said...

    #1- I made this card for The Hop to Stop. October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The color, the butterfly and the sentiment were chosen to encourage resiliency and inspire hope that one can overcome even the devastation of domestic violence and seek a new beginning. Thanks for the wonderful challenge!

    ike said...

    Such gorgeous DT creations :-D
    Thank you for having me over again to be your Sposnor :-D

    Hugz

    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ike said...

    Still no Post from Suze so sorry couldn't leave her any love :-D xxxxx

    Carrie said...

    My card is for a friend's mom who is a breast cancer survivor now struggling with chest pain the doctors can't seem to figure out. She was in the hospital for 2 days last week and had to go through numerous tests, but so far they don't have any answers and her pain is still there. Pam is very resilient, though. She just keeps going along taking care of her husband, encouraging her 2 grown daughters and helping to hold together her large group of siblings, nieces, nephews, etc. (She is the oldest of 15 siblings.)

    Unknown said...

    Great DT Creations!! Love Desire's!! That fairy is adorable!! Love the flowers!! Just fantastic!! Thanks for another fun challenge!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Sentimental Susan}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}
    {DT CALL -- Open Until Oct 31st}

    Pippa said...

    Great theme this month, I had so many ideas it has taken me this long to decide on one! Just scraped in before the deadline. And thank you for picking my entry to the last challenge as the most inspirational, it means a lot.